H1B approved but have not used it

sureshv120

Hi There,

I had applied for my H1b in 2013 and it was approved. Due to personal and professional reasons I have not been able to join my company  A which sponsored my H1b yet. I am a little apprehensive that Company A might revoke the H1b although they have not yet conveyed anything like that. I am new to all this stuff, so from experience could anyone tell how long companies would wait for me to join. My H1b is valid till 2016.

Thanks,

Suresh 

Hi There,

I had applied for my H1b in 2013 and it was approved. Due to personal and professional reasons I have not been able to join my company  A which sponsored my H1b yet. I am a little apprehensive that Company A might revoke the H1b although they have not yet conveyed anything like that. I am new to all this stuff, so from experience could anyone tell how long companies would wait for me to join. My H1b is valid till 2016.

Thanks,

Suresh 

By law an employer has to revoke H1B if you are not working for them. However, this will not affect the outcome of future H1B petitions filed by prospective employers. Since you are counted once against cap your future petitions are cap exempt till you reach your max allowed stay of 6 years on H1B. What it means is, an employer can file a cap exempt H1B petition anytime and on approval you can enter US with a valid H1B visa and I797 and start working for employer immediately.

Hi There,

Thanks,

Suresh 

That depends on their HR policies.

• 2 months later...

Archived