I am an UK citizen .... looking to work in U.S can someone plz let me know whats the procedure to go forward.......what type of visa i would be needin

srinivas_zs

I am an UK citizen .... looking to work in U.S can someone plz let me know whats the procedure to go forward.......what type of visa i would be needing and how do i start ...please someone advice on this.....thanks 

And also if someone can sponsor a VISA for me to work in U.S

Thanks again,

Srinivas zampani

I am an UK citizen .... looking to work in U.S can someone plz let me know whats the procedure to go forward.......what type of visa i would be needing and how do i start ...please someone advice on this.....thanks 

And also if someone can sponsor a VISA for me to work in U.S

Thanks again,

Srinivas zampani

Look for an employer who can sponsor a H1B petition for you. You have almost 1.5 months to do this as an employer has to file a cap subject H1B petition (annual cap of 65,000). USCIS will start accepting applications from 1st April 2014 and would stop receiving once the cap has reached. Mostly this year applications would be selected through lottery. If approved then with a H1B visa and I797 (approval notice from USCIS) you can enter and start working for employer from 1st Oct 2014.

It is the same as for everybody else. You don't get preferred handling because of your citizenship.

For a work visa, you would have to have at least a 4-year college degree, you would have to find a job like everybody else, by applying for one, and the potential employer would have to file an H1 petition for you.

Archived