H1B extension - 240 days authorized employment and stay

ank.agg2

My current H1B visa (first) expires on March 31st, 2014. My employer has filed for my H1B extension, but not in Premium Processing. The current status is in "Initial review". I've the following questions -

Q1 - Is the 240days authorized employment and stay, applicable in my case?

Q2 - Am I eligible to work for 8 months or until the extension approval / decision date, whichever is earlier?

Q3 - Do I need to worry and should change to premium processing, instead, to be able to get an approval before the current visa expiry date?

Q4 - Is this true that if you have applied for your extension before expiry, your responsibility is complete and you will be eligible for 240days of stay and also authorized employment, since USCIS needs time for processing?

If you know the answer(s), please respond - I'm very scared about getting out of status in about 1.5months, as both my H1B and I-94 expires.

Your help is much appreciated!

Thanks!

My current H1B visa (first) expires on March 31st, 2014. My employer has filed for my H1B extension, but not in Premium Processing. The current status is in "Initial review". I've the following questions -

Q1 - Is the 240days authorized employment and stay, applicable in my case?

Q2 - Am I eligible to work for 8 months or until the extension approval / decision date, whichever is earlier?

Q3 - Do I need to worry and should change to premium processing, instead, to be able to get an approval before the current visa expiry date?

Q4 - Is this true that if you have applied for your extension before expiry, your responsibility is complete and you will be eligible for 240days of stay and also authorized employment, since USCIS needs time for processing?

If you know the answer(s), please respond - I'm very scared about getting out of status in about 1.5months, as both my H1B and I-94 expires.

Your help is much appreciated!

Thanks!

1. Yes.

2. 240 days.

3. If it is a possibility then why not?

4. Responsibility is not complete till a decision is taken by USCIS as you might get RFEs and they have to be answered.

Archived