existing H1b or new H1B

rakesh.s.21@gmail.com

Hi, 

Currently in India, returned back in Jan 2013. 

2007         - jan 2012              on L1B

Jan 2012 - Jan 2013              on H1B. 

Now I am already out of USA for 366+ days. 

What I come to know that H1B is valid for 6 years so my existing (expired) H1B can be used after filing the amendment.  

Can someone pl clarify that if existing H1B can be used or do I need to file fresh new H1B?

Thanks

Hi, 

What I come to know that H1B is valid for 6 years so my existing (expired) H1B can be used after filing the amendment.  

Can someone pl clarify that if existing H1B can be used or do I need to file fresh new H1B?

Thanks

If you use your existing H1B you would receive the remaining months out of 6 years max allowed stay on H1B which includes time spent on L1B + H1B. Employer has to file a cap subject H1B petition and on approval you would get 6 years.

Hi, 

Thanks

An employer has to file a new H1 for you which will be subjected to cap.So H1 can be filed anytime after 1st April till the time cap is reached.

Archived