Does H1B petition end date depends on Passport expiry date

Simran7

I am working  on H1B with another 3.5 years (out of 6 years) left on my H1B. I have 6 month left on my current petition expiry (visa stamped for 3 years) and I am in process of changing my employer.

My question is, my passport is going to expire in 8 months from now, so if I change my employer and when they  files my H1B transfer and extension, would the end date of new petition be my passport expiry date or it may be beyond that also. Should I get my passport renewed before my new employer files H1B extension.

Thanks

Simran

I am working  on H1B with another 3.5 years (out of 6 years) left on my H1B. I have 6 month left on my current petition expiry (visa stamped for 3 years) and I am in process of changing my employer.

My question is, my passport is going to expire in 8 months from now, so if I change my employer and when they  files my H1B transfer and extension, would the end date of new petition be my passport expiry date or it may be beyond that also. Should I get my passport renewed before my new employer files H1B extension.

Thanks

Simran

No, petition expiry date has nothing to do with passport. I94 expiry date is based on passport or petition expiry whichever is early.

Archived