Can valid B2 Visa holders enter US with a different sponsor?

mjaya19

Hi,

I was on H1B visa status until 2011 (Aug) and now on H4 (dependant visa). My parents got B2 visa stamped for 10 yrs in Apr,2008, me as a sponsor for them since i was working at that time. But they haven't yet visited US so far and now I am planning to bring them to US for a visit in the mid of 2014. 

My question is -

Does my parents have to go through the entire visa process again since I my visa status is changed from H1B to H4?

or

Can they visit US carrying their valid B2 visa as such which they are holding currently? 

or

Is there any process available where we can change the sponsor details so that i can change it to my husband's name (he is holding H1B visa). or do we need to carry any new sponsorship letter while travelling to US?

Thanks in advance!!

Hi,

I was on H1B visa status until 2011 (Aug) and now on H4 (dependant visa). My parents got B2 visa stamped for 10 yrs in Apr,2008, me as a sponsor for them since i was working at that time. But they haven't yet visited US so far and now I am planning to bring them to US for a visit in the mid of 2014. 

My question is -

Does my parents have to go through the entire visa process again since I my visa status is changed from H1B to H4?

or

Can they visit US carrying their valid B2 visa as such which they are holding currently? 

or

Is there any process available where we can change the sponsor details so that i can change it to my husband's name (he is holding H1B visa). or do we need to carry any new sponsorship letter while travelling to US?

Thanks in advance!!

Since their visitor visa is valid there is no need for new stamping. And, there is no sponsorship involved for a visitor visa.

Hi,

My question is -

or

or

Thanks in advance!!

If their visiting visa is valid, then no need of new visa stamp. BTW their is nothing called sponsorship for visiting visa.

Thanks much for the response.

But my only concern is I was working (on H1B) when I applied for their visiting visa and now I am on H4 (dependant visa), so do we need to send any letter to my parents so that they carry during their travel or show the same in immigration or port of entry that my husband will bear all the expenses during their stay in USA. or how it goes? 

They have visitor visa valid until 2018.

But my only concern is I was working (on H1B) when I applied for their visiting visa and now I am on H4 (dependant visa), so do we need to send any letter to my parents so that they carry during their travel or show the same in immigration or port of entry that my husband will bear all the expenses during their stay in USA. or how it goes? 

They need nothing as they have a valid visitor visa. Your status is irrelevant for their entry to US with a visitor visa.

Again their is NO relationship between your status and your parents visiting visa.

If your husband writes a letter saying that he will "bear all the expenses" this clearly says that they are dependent on your husband and might result in visa cancellation.

Archived