error with my h1b extension approval notice

ramdiv859

my company hr notified me of an error with my h1b extension approval notice.

they are saying the error on the approval notice was the following: USCIS approved the H-1B as a consulate notification. Consulate Notification means that the beneficiary of the approval notice would need to go to a US consulate in order to activate the approval. Obviously, this was an error on the part of USCIS. The attorneys are contacting USCIS via telephone and requesting that USCIS correct the error and send a new approval notice that reflects the extension of H-1B status.

has anyone else had a similar experience ?

they are also saying it will take long time to fix the error. because of this error, myself and my family are not able to travel to India.

my company filed for this extension in july 6th, 2013 and it was approved on jan 8th, 2014. i waited for 6 months. now, they say there is an error.

my company hr notified me of an error with my h1b extension approval notice.

they are saying the error on the approval notice was the following: USCIS approved the H-1B as a consulate notification. Consulate Notification means that the beneficiary of the approval notice would need to go to a US consulate in order to activate the approval. Obviously, this was an error on the part of USCIS. The attorneys are contacting USCIS via telephone and requesting that USCIS correct the error and send a new approval notice that reflects the extension of H-1B status.

has anyone else had a similar experience ?

they are also saying it will take long time to fix the error. because of this error, myself and my family are not able to travel to India.

my company filed for this extension in july 6th, 2013 and it was approved on jan 8th, 2014. i waited for 6 months. now, they say there is an error.

If that is the case you have to stop working for your employer till the case is resolved. 

Archived