Can i apply F2 to H1 and F2 to F1 both at the same time?

Surya1234

Hi,

I'm currently staying in US on F2 Visa and got an employer to file H1B in April 2014. As we know, getting H1B in lottery is a luck factor, I'm thinking to apply F2 to F1 CoS also for Fall 2014 admissions. i have got the admission in one of the University here, but haven't applied for CoS(F2 to F1) yet.

Can somebody help me on this, if i can apply both F2 to H1 and F2 to F1 CoS?

Hi,

I'm currently staying in US on F2 Visa and got an employer to file H1B in April 2014. As we know, getting H1B in lottery is a luck factor, I'm thinking to apply F2 to F1 CoS also for Fall 2014 admissions. i have got the admission in one of the University here, but haven't applied for CoS(F2 to F1) yet.

Can somebody help me on this, if i can apply both F2 to H1 and F2 to F1 CoS?

You can. But, why don't you wait till April to see whether your H1B application has been picked in lottery? If not picked then immediately apply for COS to F1.

Issue here is F2 to F1 CoS takes around 5 months, that is what i heard from CIP office in the university i got admitted into. I will not able to get some status before Fall 2014, if i wait till April to apply for CoS.

my worry is, will F2 to F1(CoS) create any problems in case my H1 is picked in lottery?

Issue here is F2 to F1 CoS takes around 5 months, that is what i heard from CIP office in the university i got admitted into. I will not able to get some status before Fall 2014, if i wait till April to apply for CoS.

my worry is, will F2 to F1(CoS) create any problems in case my H1 is picked in lottery?

No, there will not be any problem. But, if your COS from F2 to F1 takes time you can always travel outside US and apply for a F1 visa.

Archived