Family to apply for a US Visa

idle143

Hi,

I am currently in the United States on H1B with my wife on H4. I would like to sponsor for my parents and sister to visit United States. My father still has 6 yrs of service in India, my mother is a home maker and my sister is not married and working in a consulting company in India. Will there be any problem in issuing visa for my sister?

Please Suggest!!

Thanks in Advance.

I am currently in the United States on H1B with my wife on H4. I would like to sponsor for my parents and sister to visit United States. My father still has 6 yrs of service in India, my mother is a home maker and my sister is not married and working in a consulting company in India. Will there be any problem in issuing visa for my sister?

Their is no sponsorship for visiting visa.

Since your father is still working, let them do it on their own and self sponsor themselves for their visiting visa. Just send your legal status document (797) and you are good to go.

Yes. Anecdotal evidence suggests they look askance at single young females applying though that is absurd to me. She needs a leave letter of 4 weeks and they need to specify a reasonable period of say 4 weeks to visit during the appropriate time. Anytime inn the West Coast and Summer elsewhere. Their period of stay will usually be 6 months for first entry though they will possibly be gone long before. Is their money not good enough? Obviously the visa process is a bit screwy and no guarantees.

Archived