Overlapping Employment issue

dolly765

I was working in indian company X and came to US on H4 taking Leave of absence (LOA) from my Indian Employer.
I applied for H4 to H1 conversion with some US company Y here and worked for few months for that company while I was still employed with Indian company X.
I was not being paid by the indian company since i was on LOA. I resigned from India company later.

Now my question is:

1. Can I be on LOA with an Indian company X and still work for some other company Y here in USA with valid H1 with US company Y. (Its like employed with multiple employers but in different countries). Is it illegal to work in US when you are on Leave with indian employer?

I was working in indian company X and came to US on H4 taking Leave of absence (LOA) from my Indian Employer.

I applied for H4 to H1 conversion with some US company Y here and worked for few months for that company while I was still employed with Indian company X.

I was not being paid by the indian company since i was on LOA. I resigned from India company later.

Now my question is:

1. Can I be on LOA with an Indian company X and still work for some other company Y here in USA with valid H1 with US company Y. (Its like employed with multiple employers but in different countries). Is it illegal to work in US when you are on Leave with indian employer?

I believe you are fine.

Thank you for reply....The object behind this question is: My current employer in US is filing for my PERM and has to decide my category for EB2 or EB3 based on my experience. And I want to show my experience with my Employer in India but they have provided me the experience certificate for the complete duration (Work + Leave Of Absence). So I just wanted to make sure that it was legal and I can count my experience with Indian employer and include that experience certificate which conflicts with my job here in USA.

Archived