H1B 2014 question

Dhana29

I'm planning to apply H1B - 2014. I heard this time too lottery. Can we submit multiple H1B petition from different employer? If so all petition got selected in lottery what I can do?

For EX: If I apply 3 H1B petition from Emp A, Emp B and Emp C. 2 petition got selected Emp A & Emp B and the same 2 petitions are approved then what can I do? Please suggest me with brief explanation.

Thanks in advance!

I'm planning to apply H1B - 2014. I heard this time too lottery. Can we submit multiple H1B petition from different employer? If so all petition got selected in lottery what I can do?

For EX: If I apply 3 H1B petition from Emp A, Emp B and Emp C. 2 petition got selected Emp A & Emp B and the same 2 petitions are approved then what can I do? Please suggest me with brief explanation.

Thanks in advance!

Yes, multiple employers can file H1B petitions for you. If more than one is approved then you have the right to choose. But, be careful about what is mentioned in the offer letters you sign. There is a possibility that there might be a clause about monetary compensation if you decide not to join them.

@jairichi Thanks for your reply. When I came across search in online.  I found below content 

Multiple or Duplicative Filings  

On March 19, 2008, USCIS announced a regulatory change to prohibit employers from filing multiple or duplicative H-1B petitions for the same employee. To ensure fair and orderly distribution of available H-1Bs, USCIS will deny or revoke multiple or duplicative petitions filed by an employer for the same H-1B worker and will not refund the filing fees submitted with multiple or duplicative petitions.

from the below link

http://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/temporary-workers/h-1b-specialty-occupations-and-fashion-models/h-1b-fiscal-year-fy-2014-cap-season

I'm confused. Please help. Thanks

@jairichi Thanks for your reply. When I came across search in online.  I found below content 

Multiple or Duplicative Filings  

On March 19, 2008, USCIS announced a regulatory change to prohibit employers from filing multiple or duplicative H-1B petitions for the same employee. To ensure fair and orderly distribution of available H-1Bs, USCIS will deny or revoke multiple or duplicative petitions filed by an employer for the same H-1B worker and will not refund the filing fees submitted with multiple or duplicative petitions.

from the below link

http://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/temporary-workers/h-1b-specialty-occupations-and-fashion-models/h-1b-fiscal-year-fy-2014-cap-season

I'm confused. Please help. Thanks

Same employer cannot file multiple petitions for the same employee.

@jairichi  If you noticed the below line. They saying like employers not (one employer)employer since my understanding is we should not apply multiple H1B Petition?

USCIS announced a regulatory change to prohibit employers from filing multiple or duplicative H-1B petitions for the same employee.

Please clarify.

Archived