H1b Transfer Visa getting expired - Need your guidance

rajesh28

I have an H1B Visa (valid till 03-JUN-2014) with my previous employer & currently looking for H1B Transfer now. I am in India & never worked in US on H1b visa & don't have an SSN number.

If i couldn't initiate H1b transfer before the expiry date i.e 03-JUN-2014 will i come under fresh H1b lottery system. Also with my current h1b can i come to US on my current H1b visa, search for the job to get the client letter & do the h1b transfer.

Thanks

I have an H1B Visa (valid till 03-JUN-2014) with my previous employer & currently looking for H1B Transfer now. I am in India & never worked in US on H1b visa & don't have an SSN number.

If i couldn't initiate H1b transfer before the expiry date i.e 03-JUN-2014 will i come under fresh H1b lottery system. Also with my current h1b can i come to US on my current H1b visa, search for the job to get the client letter & do the h1b transfer.

Thanks

Your new employer can file a cap exempt H1B petition anytime and get approval. With a valid H1B visa and new employer's I797 you can start working immediately. You would get 6 years of H1B. And, you cannot enter US with your valid H1B visa if you have no intention to work for current employer or if your current employer does not have a project. In short, H1B visa is for work and not for visiting US or to attend interviews.

Thanks for the reply. If my H1b gets expired (valid till 03-JUN-2014) , Later can i file a cap exempt H1B petition with other employer after 03-JUN-2014 with out any lottery system.

Yes, an employer can file a cap exempt H1B petition even after 03 Jun 2014 as long as you have not completed 6 years on H1B status in US.

Archived