i-140 Approved - Can i do consular processing in INDIA

AmitMishra

Hi All,

Got some information about the consular processing. I got this information from one of my friend that i can do a consular processing in Inda as i have i-140 approved with priority date of October 2008. I am no longer with the company who filed my i-140.

Can you guys let me know if it is possible to file i485 without associated with US employer. I am currently working in INDIA in the same stream as i was working when i was in US.

Thanks

Hi All,

Got some information about the consular processing. I got this information from one of my friend that i can do a consular processing in Inda as i have i-140 approved with priority date of October 2008. I am no longer with the company who filed my i-140.

Can you guys let me know if it is possible to file i485 without associated with US employer. I am currently working in INDIA in the same stream as i was working when i was in US.

Thanks

Your priority date has to be current to file I-485. Based on approved I-140 you are cap exempt for H1B and you can get extensions 3 years every time. 

Archived