automatic visa revalidation

bingunginter

Hmm, when you travel out of the country, the airlines collect the I-94.

It is very unlikely that this didn't happen, and even less likely that this didn't happen multiple times.

If you entered with an expired visa, you likely have committed immigration fraud, and you are likely illegal now.

You need to see a good immigration lawyer ASAP.

I just learned today that automatic visa revalidation only apply when you are leaving contiguous territory or adjacent islands.

In multiple times I have been out vacation to china, indonesia, etc with expired visa, valid i94 and enter back with no problem. What happen ?

You mean to say that you entered into US with expired VISA?? If I am right, are you sure about that??

I'm h1b. Yes expired visa but not expired i94. The airline often gives me hard time because they saw the expired visa but let me board after I explained to them that it its valid. 

What I don't realize until recently is the "contiguous territory or adjacent islands" thing.

I don't understand how did you entered into US with expired  visa on H1.

AVR is applicable only if you visit Canada or Mexico or adjacent islands. Didn't you had any immigration check at POE??

Thats the thread is about, I don't know what happen, maybe there are some law that I don't know.

Yes normal immigration check. I was often referred to secondary but that because the officer say I was arrested before (traffic violation).

You need to discuss your situation with a good immigration lawyer.

What you posted doesn't make sense. It simply isn't possible the way you posted it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived