Applying for F1 visa when parents are in USA in H1& H4

jai5

Expert advice needed.

My daughter completed her high school in US and we went back to India.

She completed her UG in India. We came back but she continued to work in India. Now she is applying for Masters in US.

Will she have issues in getting F1 approved with intend to migrate.

We have not filed for permanent residence yet.

For the past 2 years she is visiting us non B2 without any issues.

Expert advice needed.

My daughter completed her high school in US and we went back to India.

She completed her UG in India. We came back but she continued to work in India. Now she is applying for Masters in US.

Will she have issues in getting F1 approved with intend to migrate.

We have not filed for permanent residence yet.

For the past 2 years she is visiting us non B2 without any issues.

If she had a H4 earlier (during her high school) I doubt she would be able to get F1.

If she had a H4 earlier (during her high school) I doubt she would be able to get F1.

I do not think that is a problem -- at least it was not for my children.  Both my children had been in the U.S. for a few years, went to and graduated from both grade school and high school in the U.S., and started university in the U.S. all on H-4 visas, and had no problem changing to F-1 visas.

I do not think that is a problem -- at least it was not for my children.  Both my children had been in the U.S. for a few years, went to and graduated from both grade school and high school in the U.S., and started university in the U.S. all on H-4 visas, and had no problem changing to F-1 visas.

Thanks Catx. Good to know that I was wrong by describing your experience.

Thanks Catx. Good to know that I was wrong by describing your experience.

Of course all F-1 visa requirements still very much apply, e.g. acceptance by a reputable, accredited university / college (such as a well known, established public / state or private non-profit school), proof of financial support, intent to return to your home country upon graduation (demonstrated through on-going ties to your home country) ...

Archived