Parents Visitor Visa Rejected - Suggestions for Next Try

batch

My parents visitor visa was rejected in New Delhi last week. He denied after asking if my parents own their home. They do not as they rent and thus the officer denied.

They wanted to visit us as I was quite busy with my job the past few years but will have some time now.They have never been to the US or traveled outside the country.

Specifics:

My parents have two daughters (me included) - we both are US Green Card holders. They do not have any other children.
I have been in the US since 2008 and my sister since 2003. My sister has 1 son and I do not have any kids.
I am married to a US-born citizen. My sister's husband is a Green Card holder (born in India).
My father is employed (monthly salary of Rs 15,000/mo) and my mother is a house wife.
My husband sponsored their application.

We would like for them to apply again. What would be the best strategy:

Who should sponsor?
Should my mom apply separately first?
Any suggestions on how to better show ties? I don't think purchasing a house is possible at this moment.

My parents visitor visa was rejected in New Delhi last week. He denied after asking if my parents own their home. They do not as they rent and thus the officer denied.

They wanted to visit us as I was quite busy with my job the past few years but will have some time now.They have never been to the US or traveled outside the country.

Specifics:

My parents have two daughters (me included) - we both are US Green Card holders. They do not have any other children.

I have been in the US since 2008 and my sister since 2003. My sister has 1 son and I do not have any kids.

I am married to a US-born citizen. My sister's husband is a Green Card holder (born in India).

My father is employed (monthly salary of Rs 15,000/mo) and my mother is a house wife.

My husband sponsored their application.

We would like for them to apply again. What would be the best strategy:

Who should sponsor?

Should my mom apply separately first?

Any suggestions on how to better show ties? I don't think purchasing a house is possible at this moment.

There is no sponsorship involved for visitor visa. Let them apply based on their credentials. Get a detailed financial statement about their assets prepared by CA. Also, get the help of an immigration attorney. Tough for them to get a visitor visa as both of you daughter's have GC and if they cannot establish strong ties to home country.

Since both children are US residents and they do not own property, they have a large hurdle. All they can do is reapply.

Applying separately is a ploy often tried and a trick well known by VO. Theyre is no reason to be dishonest if both intend to travel together.

Have your US born Citizen Husband contact his federal Senators Office and ask for help. How come you and your sister are not Citizens? Just asking. Actually having a GC or Citizenship is no hurdle to getting a tourist visa. If you stay out and they are able to express their intent of staying for say 6 weeks or whatever they intand and say what they will be visiting besides you guys in very brief they will get the visa. Stop coaching them. They should not need any financial documents . They should indicate that you are paying for the trip. Do not extrapolate from their report that the lack of house ownership was the reason. I have lived in the UK and here since 1992 and I have a problem deciphering stress on words and I suspect they were not denied because of not owning a house. Have your spouse send a letter to them to carry to the Interview stating you guys will be paying for the trip .

• 2 weeks later...

Same situation here. We are getting closer to our citizenship (only few months away). We had to write a letter to VO indicating why our parents doesn't want to immigrate to US and also explained why B2 is the only option they have to visit us. See this thread http://forum.murthy.com/index.php?/topic/69465-joef-rahul412-jairichic-please-help-parents-visa-b2-rejected/ for my suggestions. Good luck

If possible, please wait for at least 10 months preferably year before reapplying for visa. It would be nice if they can show some other evidences of their assets (i.e. good bank balance or even a small owned house in other part of India). No need to send your sponsorship. Key is to wait and better prepare your application next time. If you rush in re-applying, it would hurt application futher. Senator/Congressman would write standard letter on request basis, however, without a pressing reason, that letter may not carry any value. Good luck.

Archived