Consultant asking bond to sign on paper before Job

shrismit

Hi,

I have got H1B approval, I was on H4 earlier. Consultant filed H1 this year for me.

Now he is looking out a job for me but now consultant asking me to sign a conditional bond on a piece of paper for 2 yrs and if I break then I will have to pay huge penalty.

Does such bond has any legality in USA. What if I break the bond can consultant sue me?

Regards,

Shrismit

Hi,

I have got H1B approval, I was on H4 earlier. Consultant filed H1 this year for me.

Now he is looking out a job for me but now consultant asking me to sign a conditional bond on a piece of paper for 2 yrs and if I break then I will have to pay huge penalty.

Does such bond has any legality in USA. What if I break the bond can consultant sue me?

Regards,

Shrismit

If you sign then it is legally binding. If your employer has not paid your salary then file a complaint with DOL as you need to be paid with or without project. Find another employer and get them file a cap exempt H1B petition and move on in your career.

In my opinion, and I have worked in the U.S. as an legal alien for many years, such as conditional bond is *&^%$#@!!!.  No proper, legitimate, reputable employer requires such a bond with penalties.  It is something that questionable consultants do in praying on people who are desperate to work in the U.S.  Tell the consultant thanks, but no thanks, and find a job as a full-time employee with a reputable employer.

Archived