I 94 validity question

srsathi

I have a Valid VISA till May 2014 with my old employer and i recently moved to a Full time job. New petition was approved till Oct 2016 ....I am planning to go to india in Jan 2nd week returning on Feb 1st week. My Immigration team with the new employer told me that i don't need to go for a VISA stamping as i am returning with in the validity of my old VISA but he told me to make sure i get an updated i94 till 2016. Now with the recent Electronic I94's , how do i make sure that the I94 is valid till 2016. Can i ask the immigration officer about the validity of my I94 ?

Also, My current passport expires on 2015 Sept. So will i get a I94 till 2015 sept only or is there any chance to get it till 2016. 

Thanks in advance for your replies. 

I have a Valid VISA till May 2014 with my old employer and i recently moved to a Full time job. New petition was approved till Oct 2016 ....I am planning to go to india in Jan 2nd week returning on Feb 1st week. My Immigration team with the new employer told me that i don't need to go for a VISA stamping as i am returning with in the validity of my old VISA but he told me to make sure i get an updated i94 till 2016. Now with the recent Electronic I94's , how do i make sure that the I94 is valid till 2016. Can i ask the immigration officer about the validity of my I94 ?

Also, My current passport expires on 2015 Sept. So will i get a I94 till 2015 sept only or is there any chance to get it till 2016. 

Thanks in advance for your replies. 

Your I94 will be have a valid date till your passport expires. You cannot ask immigration officer but you can check online after your entry to US.

Your I94 will be have a valid date till your passport expires. You cannot ask immigration officer but you can check online after your entry to US.

The I94 will be issued based on the latest H1 petition expiry and should be automatic till 2016. But your passport expiry comes in to the picture and hence your I94 will be issued till Passport expiry.

Thank you both 

Archived