B1 Vs H4, which option to choose

manoj.pushpala

Hi Visa Experts,

I have a simple question that I was hoping one of you could answer.

My Fiancee is from India but posesses B1-Visiting Visa as she has travelled to U.S multiple times, She is actually here in U.S now  (Dec 11th 13)
and will be going back to India in a week.

We are planning to get married in March  in India

What is the best way to get her to U.S. Should I go ahead and have her go for Visa Stamping for H4 as a dependent and let her come to States or could she come with ther existing B1 Visiting Visa.

The intention is to chage her status to H1 eventually after she get her H1B Approved as she wanted to work and be engaged. We are even exploring opportunities for her switching to F1 until H1B get approved.

Can you please suggest a good option for us.

Hi Visa Experts,

I have a simple question that I was hoping one of you could answer.

My Fiancee is from India but posesses B1-Visiting Visa as she has travelled to U.S multiple times, She is actually here in U.S now  (Dec 11th 13)

and will be going back to India in a week.

We are planning to get married in March  in India

What is the best way to get her to U.S. Should I go ahead and have her go for Visa Stamping for H4 as a dependent and let her come to States or could she come with ther existing B1 Visiting Visa.

The intention is to chage her status to H1 eventually after she get her H1B Approved as she wanted to work and be engaged. We are even exploring opportunities for her switching to F1 until H1B get approved.

Can you please suggest a good option for us.

Simple solution. Let her come to US on H4 after getting married. Later she can change to any status based on opportunities available.

Thanks Guys for the Reply!!

Would it be too many hops from B1 --> H4 --> F1/H1 instead of B1->F1/H1.  Is there any issue if I ask her to come over in B1. That way she can avoid stamping again. Just putting some of my thoughts here. Please suggest.

H4 as she can study even on H4 and later apply for COS to F1, if she intends to do OPT.

Archived