Citizenship Eligibilty after frequent travel outside US and not breaking the 180 days rule

Sugumar

I am in GC now and I got my GC thru employment,I am eligible to apply apply Naturalization by Mar,2013 and I would like to share my situation and get your feed back and suggestions to see if I really concerned before applying for Citizenship:- 

-Since I got GC on Mar,2009,I visited out of the US almost 13 times and in that 3 times I stayed little longer because to take care of Family/personnel  issues .

- in Aug,2011 around 173 days out of country and back in US Mar,2012 for 60 days and then May,2012 again for 117 days out of country and back in US for 60 days and then again 137 days out of country

- but not even single trip lasted equal to or more than 6 months.

- when I was in US for 4 months out of 12 months in year 2012 and I have worked and got pay stubs during that period and also filed Tax for year 2012, ofcourse filed tax for all years.

- I had resigned my job during my long stay out of country because my employer didn't let me to go on long sick leave and not worked or no rental apartment(provided my friend's address) and no insurance during that period and my intention was to take care of family issues and not move back to home country  when I came back I worked and get paid and have proof of pay stubs.

- My spouse who was in GC as well and kids US citizens went with me at first time of stay because of my family issues due to unavoidable circumstances they couldn't come until now and since it was more than 2 years my Spouse lost her GC.

- One time after long stay out of country I was questioned by immigration officer at port of entry because i had not worked or no Insurance or no Rental apartment on my own and my family was not in this country and they found that I stayed out of country almost 8 months in 2012 and they saying that looks like you no longer live here not to repeat next time and then warned me and let me in.after coming back I started working for previous employer and established pay stub,rented apartment and Insurance and then 6 months after this happen again I went to my home country for month but this time business reason and also visited family as well. But no questions at port of entry.

-

- So now question is since I am technically eligible to apply Naturalization now as per 90 days rule because I never stayed over 6 months out of country and almost 20 months out of country in 60 months out of country.I am rushing this because I hope if everything goes thru I would get my citizenship in Apr,2014 and then I need to apply GC for my Wife so my family can come back join me in later next year.

- Do you guys see any issues or concerns applying the N-400 now.

Thanks

Archived