Conversion from H4 to h1

vizzz

Hello and thanks for taking the time to read my post.

I just got notification that my H1B petition was approved. Now my scenario is that I am currently on H4.

My company had applied for my H1B in April and once it was selected in the lottery, I had filed for my h1 and come to the US then on a H4 visa and have been in the US since May 2013.

Now today I got notification that my H1 B was approved. 

Now since my H1B was applied for without COS since it was filed before my H4 visa, I imagine my firm will have to file a change of status for my application (I'm not sure since I dont have the approval notice with me- but a new I94 would not have been issued) - Could someone please confirm?

Or I would have to leave the US and then come back on a stamped H1B visa? Is there any issue with this?

Which of the above two options are preferable?

Secondly, what would be the cost for filing a COS for the firm? 

Would appreciate any responses?

Regards

Hello and thanks for taking the time to read my post.

I just got notification that my H1B petition was approved. Now my scenario is that I am currently on H4.

My company had applied for my H1B in April and once it was selected in the lottery, I had filed for my h1 and come to the US then on a H4 visa and have been in the US since May 2013.

Now today I got notification that my H1 B was approved. 

Now since my H1B was applied for without COS since it was filed before my H4 visa, I imagine my firm will have to file a change of status for my application (I'm not sure since I dont have the approval notice with me- but a new I94 would not have been issued) - Could someone please confirm?

Or I would have to leave the US and then come back on a stamped H1B visa? Is there any issue with this?

Which of the above two options are preferable?

Secondly, what would be the cost for filing a COS for the firm? 

Would appreciate any responses?

Regards

Employer files for a COS. Regular processing more than 4 months for approval and premium processing 15 days.

Or you could exit and enter with a H1B visa.

Normal H1B fee would apply.

Archived