i94 not taken from passport - h1b visa interview

chetanbagga0

Hi,

I recently traveled back from the US and had a visa interview at the Mumbai consulate. After the interview I was told that my visa (H1b) was approved, and I should get it within 3-5 days.

I did however notice that my passport still had the i94 attached to it. The delta employee did not take it off the passport where I boarded. 

Would this affect my chances of getting my visa? 

When I try to track my visa on the ceac website, it says “Administrative Processing”. Granted its been only about 30 hours since my interview, I was a little worried. I was not given an 221g form, but was clearly told my visa has been approved.

Any insight would be helpful! Thanks!

Hi,

I recently traveled back from the US and had a visa interview at the Mumbai consulate. After the interview I was told that my visa (H1b) was approved, and I should get it within 3-5 days.

I did however notice that my passport still had the i94 attached to it. The delta employee did not take it off the passport where I boarded. 

Would this affect my chances of getting my visa? 

When I try to track my visa on the ceac website, it says “Administrative Processing”. Granted its been only about 30 hours since my interview, I was a little worried. I was not given an 221g form, but was clearly told my visa has been approved.

Any insight would be helpful! Thanks!

No issue with I94.

Wait for status change. It is too quick to expect "issued" in status update.

You already have your visa stamped, what other "chances" are you talking about anyway?

And in any case, the whole I-94 system has been moved away from the older paper-based system to an online system now. That means, when you enter the US next, you won't be given a paper I-94. You passport would be stamped by the Immigration officer at the PoE, but instead of getting a paper I-94, you will have to retrieve your I-94 electronically, at this link: 

@t75: Many airlines, from what I know, don't bother collecting paper I-94s these days on flights going out of the US, because the system has been set up to generate your departure record automatically from the airline's flight passenger manifest. My old paper I-94 was not taken by the airline either, and when I went for my stamping, I asked the visa officer who said it's not a problem. Also, I wasn't asked about it when I came back to the US, so I'm guessing it shouldn't be an issue and you don't need to go in for the late I-94 submission procedure anymore.

Archived