H1B approved petition status after quitting current employer

shankartmv

Hi ,

I currently hold an approved H1B petition which is valid till 2015 with my current employer. Owing to personal reasons , I have quit my job with the current employer. Now

1) Can the current employer cancel/withdraw the exisiting petition? Is there any fee associated with it ?

2) If my petition gets cancelled or withdrawn do I need to file a new petition with my new employer again & go through the same process ? Does this involve any fee ?

3) Can i use the original petition with any new employer if it is not cancelled ?

sorry if my question sounds dumb !

Thanks

Hi ,

I currently hold an approved H1B petition which is valid till 2015 with my current employer. Owing to personal reasons , I have quit my job with the current employer. Now

1) Can the current employer cancel/withdraw the exisiting petition? Is there any fee associated with it ?

2) If my petition gets cancelled or withdrawn do I need to file a new petition with my new employer again & go through the same process ? Does this involve any fee ?

3) Can i use the original petition with any new employer if it is not cancelled ?

sorry if my question sounds dumb !

Thanks

1. By law employer has to revoke H1B. Fee, if applicable is not your concern.

2. Yes, new employer files a cap exempt H1B petition. H1B fee is involved and again it is not your concern.

3. New employer files a cap exempt H1B petition.

1. The H1 employer can revoke the petition  and there are no fees connected to you.

2. A new employer has to file a new non cap petition and get it approved. The fees for any H1 petition apply and again you are not supposed to pay them.

3. You can have any employer file a non cap H1 petition for you. Revocation of the current H1 petition is not related to you and does not take away the entitlement of a total of 6 years in H1 status.

Archived