Travel to us on H-4 : H-1 holder still in India

andiamo

Hi,

My spouse has a H-1 visa and still not moved to the US.

Is it mandatory for the H-1 visa holder to be in the States for the dependent to enter ?

Would there be any hurdles at the POE with me travelling on my H-4 alone before the primary H-1 holder enters the US. 

I need to visit the US to establish contacts to help me file my H-1 petition before Apr '14 and not sure if my spouse will be travelling before then.

Advise me on the same please.

Hi,

My spouse has a H-1 visa and still not moved to the US.

Is it mandatory for the H-1 visa holder to be in the States for the dependent to enter ?

Would there be any hurdles at the POE with me travelling on my H-4 alone before the primary H-1 holder enters the US. 

I need to visit the US to establish contacts to help me file my H-1 petition before Apr '14 and not sure if my spouse will be travelling before then.

Advise me on the same please.

Yes, H1B holder has to be in US for you to enter.

Thanks guys for your inputs.

I do have a Business B1/B2 visa that I have used in the past to travel to the US on business.

Would I be able to use it to directly to enter the States or do I need some kind of an invite letter to certify my intent of visit.

Since B1/B2 visas are Business cum Tourist visas, I was hoping I can get clearance at the Port of entry without much fuss.

Advise please.

Thanks guys !  Does that mean I can just flash my B1/B2 visa at the POE without having to show any sort of documentation whatever ?

When I travelled in the past on business I remember carrying Invite letters from my client whom I was visiting. Would something similar be needed ? I was thinking of carrying proof of accomodation where I would be staying while I would be in the US.

Since I am funding my entire trip by myself, I just want to be sure I am carrying all that would be required by the officials at the POE !

Thanks guys !  Does that mean I can just flash my B1/B2 visa at the POE without having to show any sort of documentation whatever ?

When I travelled in the past on business I remember carrying Invite letters from my client whom I was visiting. Would something similar be needed ? I was thinking of carrying proof of accomodation where I would be staying while I would be in the US.

Since I am funding my entire trip by myself, I just want to be sure I am carrying all that would be required by the officials at the POE !

You cannot flash your B1/B2 at POE but present them. Well, you might need to have proof of accommodation and return tickets, if asked by immigration officer.

Agree guys, I never meant to understate the ease of using my B-1 / B-2 visa.

I was just intending to ask how much a lesser hassle would it be to clear immigration since I would not be having invite letters as I used to in previous visits.

Yes, I do have quite a lot of them friends/relatives in the States, can provide proof of accomodation, return tickets and anything else I might be prequired to evidence at the POE.

Thanks again for all your support !

Archived