Translation at Port of Entry for Visitors

L1_to_H1

Hello,

Can anyone please tell me if any translator is available at port of entry to translate the officer's questions from English to Hindi. I have read some where that the officer may ask someone from the queue to translate for visitors who are not comfortable in English. But is there any option of arranging this before hand so that officer knows visa holder needs language assistance? 

Thanks ! 

Hello,

Can anyone please tell me if any translator is available at port of entry to translate the officer's questions from English to Hindi. I have read some where that the officer may ask someone from the queue to translate for visitors who are not comfortable in English. But is there any option of arranging this before hand so that officer knows visa holder needs language assistance? 

Thanks ! 

Yes, they ask for individuals to assist but nothing can be pre-arranged.

Since practically every country in the world is represented in NYC the POE Officer will locate an Interpreter if he wants and needs to. In any case you will be there at the Airport. What exactly are you worried about?

Well I don't live near NYC or any other major airport. So in all possibilities my parents will have to take a connecting flight unless I fly out to receive them at NYC. And even if I am at port of entry I won't be allowed to assist them anyways I suppose. So I just want to be on the safe side and try out all possibilities. I will give them a letter addressed to the officer at port of entry just in case its needed to explain their situation and itinerary/stay plans in US.  

Well I don't live near NYC or any other major airport. So in all possibilities my parents will have to take a connecting flight unless I fly out to receive them at NYC. And even if I am at port of entry I won't be allowed to assist them anyways I suppose. So I just want to be on the safe side and try out all possibilities. I will give them a letter addressed to the officer at port of entry just in case its needed to explain their situation and itinerary/stay plans in US.  

Yes, that would be helpful. Relax, immigration officer would find a way to assist them.

Archived