H1B Extension denied, H1 transfer approved for consular processing

kartheek.s

Hi

I am in a major dilemma regarding my situation.

Employer A applied for extension of H1 before expiry. (expired March 13, 2013) After 2 RFE's (for employee and employer relationship), the H1 extension got denied on Nov 22, 2013 - as per USCIS case status online and yet to receive the denial notice. I was working at a client location as a contractor from Employer A. Employer A subcontracts via Employer B.

Employer B applied for H1 transfer via consular processing in Oct 2013 and it got approved, but employer B suggests I go to home country for stamping. 

I had begun interviewing with a big consulting firm Employer C, for a full time position at around the same time when Employer B applied for H1 transfer. I was offered the position, but by the time their immigration team got in touch with me, my H1 extension with Employer A got denied. 

Is it possible for Employer C to file an H1 transfer?

Employer A is considering filing for a motion to reconsider based on the denial notice. Is it advised that Employer C files an H1 transfer before or after the appeal? 

What are my options? I do not want to forego the opportunity with Employer C. Is there any way in which I can port my H1 to Employer C at all?

Could you please suggest, as I am running out of time?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived