First Time H4 Visa Interview: Asked for H4 I797 (Urgent Help Needed)

h4petitionissue

Hi All,

I have attended the visa interview today at Hyderabad consulate. This is my first time H4 i recently got married on Nov 20th 2013. At the interview Visa Officer asked for My visa petition(I797) I gave my husband's I797. VO Said i need your I797 not your husband's. Since am applying for H4 for the first time.. But from what i know and what i was told by my husband that for the first time H4 we need to get the status the American Consulate. and if you are in US then for extension we need to apply to USCIS for H4 I797 Petition. I also email support-india@ustraveldocs.com below is there response

"Thank you for writing to the U.S. Visa Service Desk. 

We understand that you would like to get information about how to get the I-797 petition for further processing. 

With regards to your concern, please be informed that in order to obtain the I-797 petition, we would request you to kinldy contact to the employer/ petitioner of the H1B visa holder. 

We hope this answers your queries. 

Have a pleasant day! "

Experts here please help me here...Urgent Help Needed

Hi All,

I have attended the visa interview today at Hyderabad consulate. This is my first time H4 i recently got married on Nov 20th 2013. At the interview Visa Officer asked for My visa petition(I797) I gave my husband's I797. VO Said i need your I797 not your husband's. Since am applying for H4 for the first time.. But from what i know and what i was told by my husband that for the first time H4 we need to get the status the American Consulate. and if you are in US then for extension we need to apply to USCIS for H4 I797 Petition. I also email support-india@ustraveldocs.com below is there response

"Thank you for writing to the U.S. Visa Service Desk. 

We understand that you would like to get information about how to get the I-797 petition for further processing. 

With regards to your concern, please be informed that in order to obtain the I-797 petition, we would request you to kinldy contact to the employer/ petitioner of the H1B visa holder. 

We hope this answers your queries. 

Have a pleasant day! "

Experts here please help me here...Urgent Help Needed

Probably VO did not understand you or your situation. Ask your spouse's attorney to draft a nice letter about the situation and forward it to support-india@ustraveldocs.com

Archived