Regarding H1-B renewal process

Sudhee

This is regarding renewal process and i am planning to go for H1B renewal process by using my old petition .

My petition was approved in 2007 and  my visa got stamped in Sep 2007. I was in US during the period from Dec-2007 to Nov -2008 and it got expired in 2010.

Now I wish to come to US , there are few  queries in mind , someone can advise on this .

1. Am i eligible for renewal process ?

2.Can i goahead with new a H1B renewal by using my old old CAP since so far i spent 1 year only in US? 

3. If so, what is the process for filing a new petition and the approximate time span? 

4. Current working company  and  old petition filed company, both are different , Is there any concern with companies ?

All please advise and replies are appreciated!

Thanks

Sudhee

This is regarding renewal process and i am planning to go for H1B renewal process by using my old petition .

My petition was approved in 2007 and  my visa got stamped in Sep 2007. I was in US during the period from Dec-2007 to Nov -2008 and it got expired in 2010.

Now I wish to come to US , there are few  queries in mind , someone can advise on this .

1. Am i eligible for renewal process ?
2.Can i goahead with new a H1B renewal by using my old old CAP since so far i spent 1 year only in US? 
3. If so, what is the process for filing a new petition and the approximate time span? 
4. Current working company  and  old petition filed company, both are different , Is there any concern with companies ?

All please advise and replies are appreciated!

Thanks
Sudhee

1. Yes.

2. Yes

3. New employer files a cap exempt H1B petition. Regular processing more than 4 months and premium processing 15 calendar days.

4. No. New company has to file cap exempt H1B petition.

Archived