I94 expiry date

wacksk

Hello,

My parents were granted B2 visa with a validity of 10 years and while filling the DS160 form we had mentioned the duration of stay as 2 months. But now I would like them to stay longer with me for 4 months so I have below queries:

1. Should I book return tickets for 2 months or can I book it for 4 months? the reason I am asking is that at port of entry this would be contradicting to the statement made in DS160.

2. Or should we just book tickets for one way? accordingly I would have to purchase insurance for my parents.

3. Will Port of entry officer would provide i94 for 6 months or only 2 months?

Regards,

Hello,

My parents were granted B2 visa with a validity of 10 years and while filling the DS160 form we had mentioned the duration of stay as 2 months. But now I would like them to stay longer with me for 4 months so I have below queries:

1. Should I book return tickets for 2 months or can I book it for 4 months? the reason I am asking is that at port of entry this would be contradicting to the statement made in DS160.

2. Or should we just book tickets for one way? accordingly I would have to purchase insurance for my parents.

3. Will Port of entry officer would provide i94 for 6 months or only 2 months?

Regards,

1. Book for 4 months. It is not an issue.

3. Depends on immigration officer.

1. DS-160 responses will not be re-verified at POE. So this settles.

2. One way ticket - they will not able to clear from POE. Bad idea.

3. POE officer can approve 6 months if you give them invitation letter for 6 months. Your invitation letter will make a real difference showing the need for them to be in US for 2 months or 4 months or 6 months. And I would book ticket understanding that they would get full 6 months stay.

Archived