Employer says as per rules they cannot sponsor me a visa

Swathirg

I graduated with a masters in Health care administration in Houston and got a job of Project Manager a couple of months ago in a county hospital, which runs on tax funds mostly. When I asked them about the possibility of sponsoring my work visa, they said they cannot sponsor me due to my position and pay grade and that they need to follow government rules since they are a government entity. They said they cannot prove that they did not find American citizens for the position. But the fact is that it took them around 3 months to hire me and did not hire the fourth project manager till now ( 6 months from when they posted the job)- they finally decided not to hire the fourth project manager. 

I was curious what rule they are talking about and where I could find it to learn the rule/law better. 

Kindly help!!

I graduated with a masters in Health care administration in Houston and got a job of Project Manager a couple of months ago in a county hospital, which runs on tax funds mostly. When I asked them about the possibility of sponsoring my work visa, they said they cannot sponsor me due to my position and pay grade and that they need to follow government rules since they are a government entity. They said they cannot prove that they did not find American citizens for the position. But the fact is that it took them around 3 months to hire me and did not hire the fourth project manager till now ( 6 months from when they posted the job)- they finally decided not to hire the fourth project manager. 

I was curious what rule they are talking about and where I could find it to learn the rule/law better. 

Kindly help!!

It is employer's discretion whether they would like to sponsor a visa or not. You cannot force this on them.

It is very hard for a govt. agency to file H1B.

you better come out. This is the reason people join consultancies.

please consult some attorney

Joining a consulting company would be a rather bad thing.

Besides, this consulting company stuff is mostly an IT phenomenon.

The OP isn't in IT.

Archived