Came to India for 2 weeks - Got RFE - Can i re-enter US on previous employer's VISA?

sanaths81

I joined my new employer based on H1 receipt and i have been working for my new employer for the last 2 months.

Though the transfer was applied under Premium i had got RFE and the response to RFE was delayed. 

I had to travel to India for 2 weeks on family emergency. So, i traveled 4 days after the RFE was responded.

Now i'm in India and i have got another RFE. :( I'm planning to travel to US on 1st Dec. 

My VISA from my previous employer is valid till Jan 2014. 

I have read on some forums that i can travel as long as i have valid VISA on my passport from ANY employer.

Could you please let me know if it is OK to enter US with the valid VISA of my previous employer.

I have got the joining letter and recent salary slips of my new employer. Please let me know if i need to keep any other documents with me.

I joined my new employer based on H1 receipt and i have been working for my new employer for the last 2 months.

Though the transfer was applied under Premium i had got RFE and the response to RFE was delayed. 

I had to travel to India for 2 weeks on family emergency. So, i traveled 4 days after the RFE was responded.

Now i'm in India and i have got another RFE. :( I'm planning to travel to US on 1st Dec. 

My VISA from my previous employer is valid till Jan 2014. 

I have read on some forums that i can travel as long as i have valid VISA on my passport from ANY employer.

Could you please let me know if it is OK to enter US with the valid VISA of my previous employer.

I have got the joining letter and recent salary slips of my new employer. Please let me know if i need to keep any other documents with me.

Nope, you cannot enter US till your H1B petition with new employer is approved as you need to show a valid H1B visa and I797 from new employer at POE.

That's true, but it works only if your current employer's 797 is approved. And in your case it looks like you have already started working with your new employer, so you need new 797. You cannot use your old 797 since you no longer with that employer.

Archived