I-140 approved. Changing company based on 140 petition. Dont have I-797.


Recommended Posts

I work for a consulting company. They have sponsered my green card and they have my approved I-140 approval notice. They did not give me a copy as they say it is a company document. If I want to join some other company for better prospects, then based on the approved I-140 can I get an extension of 3 years? I dont have the approved I-140 copy but I do have the I-140 petition with "approved" stamp on it. I got this document from USCIS under the Freedom of Information Act. So when i join new company and transfer my H1 to the new company, I will be using this document to get a 3 year H1 extension. Can i get this 3 years extension based on this document? Or does USCIS need the copy of I-140 approval notice (the I-797, Notice of Action) in order to grant this extension?

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.