H1 extension and new H4

robby254

Hi,

I travelled to the US on my H1 and I came back 2 years back. I still have a valid visa and I found an employer (different from the original petitioner) who is currently processing my H1 extension and I am planning to travel to the US once I get it approved successfully. I got married 3 months back and I asked this employer to file H4 dependant visa for my wife as well. But they told me that there is no need to do anything for her because we both reside in India right now. All I have to do is to fill the DS-160 form for both of us and get the visa interview date on the same slot and go to the consulate with all required documents and albums. 

Is this the process? Don't they have to do anything or mention anything while applying for my H1 extension regarding my marital status or something? 

Can someone let me know please. If there is some procedure, I have to inform them at the earliest. Thanks for your help. 

Regards

Robby

Hi,

I travelled to the US on my H1 and I came back 2 years back. I still have a valid visa and I found an employer (different from the original petitioner) who is currently processing my H1 extension and I am planning to travel to the US once I get it approved successfully. I got married 3 months back and I asked this employer to file H4 dependant visa for my wife as well. But they told me that there is no need to do anything for her because we both reside in India right now. All I have to do is to fill the DS-160 form for both of us and get the visa interview date on the same slot and go to the consulate with all required documents and albums. 

Is this the process? Don't they have to do anything or mention anything while applying for my H1 extension regarding my marital status or something? 

Can someone let me know please. If there is some procedure, I have to inform them at the earliest. Thanks for your help. 

Regards

Robby

That is correct. Your wife has to apply for a H4 visa at US consulate based on a copy of your I797 approval notice.

Archived