H1 Petition Denied. Should I mention in H4 Application.

tmlblu

My wife got H4 visa stamped at Chennai Consulate in 2010. She came to US and we applied for H1 with a consulting company. The petition was rejected due to client letter issues.

Now our H1 and H4 visas got expired and our extension petitions got approved. She is going to India now and will need to get her H4 visa stamped.

Will she qualify for Visa Interview Waiver? What to answer for 'Have you ever been refused a US visa?' in application.

Please advise.

My wife got H4 visa stamped at Chennai Consulate in 2010. She came to US and we applied for H1 with a consulting company. The petition was rejected due to client letter issues.

Now our H1 and H4 visas got expired and our extension petitions got approved. She is going to India now and will need to get her H4 visa stamped.

Will she qualify for Visa Interview Waiver? What to answer for 'Have you ever been refused a US visa?' in application.

Please advise.

She could be eligible for a drop box if she fulfills all conditions. 

Her answer has to be NO.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

@tmlblu,

I am in the exact situation as you were. My wife's H4-h1 petition was denied and now I am going for visa stamping for extension of my H1 and her H4 extension. Should I select No for the question, Have you ever been refused a US visa ? 

What did you do ? Any help would be appreciated. 

@tmlblu,

I am in the exact situation as you were. My wife's H4-h1 petition was denied and now I am going for visa stamping for extension of my H1 and her H4 extension. Should I select No for the question, Have you ever been refused a US visa ? 

Answer is NO.

@tmlblu,

Have you read the previous answers?

A petition isn't a visa.

Archived