Does Visa Waiver program work in case of Academic Institution Change?

Mr.

Do not worry. Photos are taken at OFC when you go for biometrics in India.

Thanks much for your positive replies all the time. This might be a dumb question but, I did find in some other threads in this forum. Does, community colleges (though accredited, not for-profit) would have any negative thoughts during for VO during consular appointment?

Thanks much for your positive replies all the time. This might be a dumb question but, I did find in some other threads in this forum. Does, community colleges (though accredited, not for-profit) would have any negative thoughts during for VO during consular appointment?

If the university is not in the news for the wrong reason it should be fine.

If there is no bad news about them in press like immigration fraud or being investigated then it should be fine.

No, there aren't any such immigration frauds in the University.

I am preparing a checklist for the F-1 visa interview and wondering if the ones highlted in red are really required and also if I did miss something.

1) I-20

2) Masters Trascripts

3) Bachelors Transcripts

4) GRE/TOEFL/IELTS score cards (even though they were expired, I am carrying them as you suggested)

5) Passport

6) DS-160 forms

7) Consular Appointment confirmation document

8) US Bank Account Statement (Can this be the last 1-3 statements or should it be more than that?)

9) Tax Returns (Are these really required since, I've been in US for the last couple of years?)

10) Letter from the DSO of University (that I'm studying in this University)

Please do let me know if I there are any other documents that would be required for the consular appointment?

Thanks.

No, there aren't any such immigration frauds in the University.

I am preparing a checklist for the F-1 visa interview and wondering if the ones highlted in red are really required and also if I did miss something.

1) I-20

2) Masters Trascripts

3) Bachelors Transcripts

4) GRE/TOEFL/IELTS score cards (even though they were expired, I am carrying them as you suggested)

5) Passport

6) DS-160 forms

7) Consular Appointment confirmation document

8) US Bank Account Statement (Can this be the last 1-3 statements or should it be more than that?)

9) Tax Returns (Are these really required since, I've been in US for the last couple of years?)

10) Letter from the DSO of University (that I'm studying in this University)

Please do let me know if I there are any other documents that would be required for the consular appointment?

Thanks.

8) Carry 6 to 12 months to be on safer side.

9) Yes, you need them.

What about proof of financial support?

8) Carry 6 to 12 months to be on safer side.

9) Yes, you need them.

What about proof of financial support?

8) When you say carry 6-12 months, would it be that bank account which I was paid in my

OPT?

9) OK, I'll carry them with me.

For financial support, I thought my bank statement does serve the purpose since, I'll be supporting myself for my studies (this is what mentioned in my I-20 too). Please let me know if this is not sufficient to support my funds.

Thanks.

I am also getting a letter from Bank that I am maintaining enough funds for my education. However, I was wondering if I should be providing any affidavits too for the consular appointment.

Also, what does SEVP documents mean? Is it something different than the above list of documents I've mentioned?

Please throw some light.

Thanks.

8) When you say carry 6-12 months, would it be that bank account which I was paid in my

OPT?

9) OK, I'll carry them with me.

For financial support, I thought my bank statement does serve the purpose since, I'll be supporting myself for my studies (this is what mentioned in my I-20 too). Please let me know if this is not sufficient to support my funds.

Thanks.

8.  Better if you have OPT pay stubs.

I am also getting a letter from Bank that I am maintaining enough funds for my education. However, I was wondering if I should be providing any affidavits too for the consular appointment.

Also, what does SEVP documents mean? Is it something different than the above list of documents I've mentioned?

Please throw some light.

Thanks.

Yes, this will be better explaining in detail the availability of immediate funds that covers your education expenses.

I believe SEVP documents would include your I20 and active SEVIS ID.

8.  Better if you have OPT pay stubs.

Yes, this will be better explaining in detail the availability of immediate funds that covers your education expenses.

I believe SEVP documents would include your I20 and active SEVIS ID.

Point noted about Pay Stubs. Thank you for all the very valuable inputs :)

I'm hoping everything goes well.

Thank you. Just one more question before I leave, if my visa is approved, when can I pick up the passport in Hyderabad? - The same day or the following day? (Following day being Friday, will the passports be given)

I believe it is not same day but next day even if it is Friday as passport is collected from OFC and not from consulate.

• 1 month later...

My visa has been approved in Hyderabad, India and I am back in United States now. Thank you Jairichi for all your valuable help.

I've been asked many questions in the interview. Here are the questions I remember on top of my head at this moment.

1) Why Second Masters?

2) Show me your first Masters and Second Masters transcripts

3) What did you do in your first Masters?

4) What did you do after your first Masters (i.e in OPT and OPT extensions)?

5) Were you ever out of status during this period?

6) When did your OPT ended?

7) When did you join Second Masters?

8) Where did you work in your OPT?

9) Since, your employer (where I worked during my OPT) is in X state , how did you choose this University which is in Y state?

10) Why this University for Second Masters?

11) Did you register for any courses in the second semester (since I've already completed one semester and went for stamping)?

12) What are your grades in the first semester (since my transcripts only show the courses I've transferred from my Masters)? - I've told that the grades weren't out yet for the first semester.

After all these questions, the VO went inside for 2 minutes and came back asking me for my finger prints and said "Your Visa is approved". And I am on Cloud9 :)

My visa has been approved in Hyderabad, India and I am back in United States now. Thank you Jairichi for all your valuable help.

I've been asked many questions in the interview. Here are the questions I remember on top of my head at this moment.

1) Why Second Masters?

2) Show me your first Masters and Second Masters transcripts

3) What did you do in your first Masters?

4) What did you do after your first Masters (i.e in OPT and OPT extensions)?

5) Were you ever out of status during this period?

6) When did your OPT ended?

7) When did you join Second Masters?

8) Where did you work in your OPT?

9) Since, your employer (where I worked during my OPT) is in X state , how did you choose this University which is in Y state?

10) Why this University for Second Masters?

11) Did you register for any courses in the second semester (since I've already completed one semester and went for stamping)?

12) What are your grades in the first semester (since my transcripts only show the courses I've transferred from my Masters)? - I've told that the grades weren't out yet for the first semester.

After all these questions, the VO went inside for 2 minutes and came back asking me for my finger prints and said "Your Visa is approved". And I am on Cloud9 :)

Congrats. Glad that we in murthy forum were able to offer you some help. Thanks for updating the outcome.

Archived