H1b to H4 with H4 visa stamping

sandycec

Hi,

My wife had a COS done from H4 to H1b recently. Due to personal reasons she has to resign her job soon. Our options are to do a COS to H4 or go back to India for a stamping and return to USA.

She has H4 stamping currently on her passport which is issued until Sept 2014. Has this become automatically invalid due to her recent COS to H1b, so if she goes back to India would she need to appear again for H4 interview? Or is the stamping independent of the COS and she can reenter US with same stamping as it's issued until 2014?

Note: Nothing related to my employment (which got her the H4 stamping originally) changed. Still with same employer, title etc.

Thanks for your replies.

• 1 month later...

My situation is also same here.

My wife went to India in October due to personal reasons.Her's New H1-B started from Oct 1st 2013.If she want to return to USA,Whether can return on existing H4 stamped on Passport from Other Company(valid till May 2014) Or she need to get new H4 stamping thru Amensys?She didn't started to work on her new H1-B in Oct, So whether she hired under H1-B?

Note:But I changed my Employer in May 2013 and She travelled with her H1-B approval notice when I my H1-B extension is pending.

1) Is She can travel on previous Employer's H4 Stamped on Passsport(valid till May 2014) without any issues?

2) Or she need to get new H4 stamping from my new Employer?

3) Is there any issue When she travelled with her H1-B approval notice when I my H1-B extension is pending?

Archived