Possible AVR entry screw-up, I-94 correct but received Case Status revocation

kunal999

I had successfully changed from H4 to H1B last year. Petition was I-129 with COS. It was approved with I-94 extension till end date of petition. I started working since last year.

Last week, while coming back from a Mexico vacation, decided to use AVR. Trip less than 30 days and had not applied for any visa.

The officer by mistake stamped H4 but when brought to attention, corrected the mistake and changed to H1B.

Now, online I-94 is correct and shows correct end date (2015) and category (H1B).

However, today, I received automatic USCIS case status email update on my case (petition filed last year) with status as "Intent to Revoke" and stating that a letter has been sent.

Employer has not terminated employment and this case status update is completely out of the blue.

Not sure what is wrong.

The only thing I can do is wait till I receive the letter.

1.) Will the employer's lawyer actually receive a letter with intent to revoke or is it some system malfunction?

2.) Will the letter have the reason for the revocation?

3.) If a previously approved H1B with COS petition is revoked out of the blue like this, shouldn't it also update the online I-94? If so, when will the Online I-94 get updated?

4.) Does Online I-94 stand for my current status in the country?

Thank your for reading. All help is appreciated.

Archived