H1B to H4

MSMadhuri

Hi 

I got my H1B visa last Nov, supported my consultant in internal project but without pay, so no pay slips, now want to convert from H1B to H4 visa. What the time Duration for this? Is it mandatory to have pay slips for transferring from H1B to H4? If so, how many pay slips exactly required? Do I need to pay taxes for the whole year even though I don’t have earnings or pay slips? Will I be getting W2 statement for 2013? When to inform consultant that I am going to change my H1B to H4 visa? Can my consultant generate pay stubs after I applied to H4 visa without knowing to him?

Can anyone suggest?

Hi 

I got my H1B visa last Nov, supported my consultant in internal project but without pay, so no pay slips, now want to convert from H1B to H4 visa. What the time Duration for this? Is it mandatory to have pay slips for transferring from H1B to H4? If so, how many pay slips exactly required? Do I need to pay taxes for the whole year even though I don’t have earnings or pay slips? Will I be getting W2 statement for 2013? When to inform consultant that I am going to change my H1B to H4 visa? Can my consultant generate pay stubs after I applied to H4 visa without knowing to him?

Can anyone suggest?

Whether project is available or not you need to be paid by employer. If not you are out of status. In your case you are out of status from Nov 2012. Yes, it is absolutely necessary for pay stubs to show USCIS that you are maintaining active status. With out pay stubs your COS will be denied. You need to file a complaint against your employer with DOL. That is the only way out.

Hi 

Can anyone suggest?

You need to get paid ALL THE TIME, even without a project.

That's the law, and the employer knows it.

Fake paystubs would be a felony, which would land the employer in jail and you deported and banned for life!

File a complaint with DOL on form WH4. The DOL will make the employer pay you.

Hi 

Can anyone suggest?

You are in trouble for not getting paid on H1.

File a complaint against that FRAUD employer for not paying you on H1. And for COS from H1 to H4, yes you need latest pay-stubs. This is the proof that you were getting paid on H1.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived