H4 visa valid, H1-b on administrative processing - Can she re-enter US

pappu2013

My wife was on H4 visa- She got a job while she was in US and she started working after getting the change of status to h1 b approved.Last week, She then went to india to get H1-b visa to re-enter US. But she was put on administrative processing to provide the documents -client letter.AS soon as she gets the document from the employer; she will be submitting the documents. 

She actually has a H4 visa in her passport ( not cancelled). I was wondering whether she can enter US with the H4 visa considering that  the administrative processing for H1b  may take 3-12 months? Or does she have to go for H-4 visa at a consulate in india.

Thank you very much for all the help

My wife was on H4 visa- She got a job while she was in US and she started working after getting the change of status to h1 b approved.Last week, She then went to india to get H1-b visa to re-enter US. But she was put on administrative processing to provide the documents -client letter.AS soon as she gets the document from the employer; she will be submitting the documents. 

She actually has a H4 visa in her passport ( not cancelled). I was wondering whether she can enter US with the H4 visa considering that  the administrative processing for H1b  may take 3-12 months? Or does she have to go for H-4 visa at a consulate in india.

Thank you very much for all the help

I believe she has to withdraw her H1B visa application at consulate if she intends to travel on her H4 visa. Also, she might face a bit more scrutiny at POE because of that, in my opinion.

Archived