J-1 hardship waiver options

gregspirited

I’m reaching out for some guidance related to J-1 hardship waiver for my wife.  My wife finished her 3 year medical residency here in US on June 2013 on a J-1 visa. She went back to India (in June) to fulfill the two year home return rule as part of J-1 requirement. We had our first child who is 1.5 months old and was born in India. I'm desperate to stay with my wife and my child. It has been very difficult for me to move back due to my career roots here in US. I have built my career all along and is difficult to move back that would disrupt my career.  I

I was wondering if we can apply for a J-1 hardship waiver based on being away from the child and due to career disruptions.  I currently hold a Legal Permanent Resident status since Feb 2012. 

Any guidance is highly appreciated.  If I can go ahead in this route can I leverage Murthy law firm's services to accomplish the goal. 

Thanks in advance

I’m reaching out for some guidance related to J-1 hardship waiver for my wife.  My wife finished her 3 year medical residency here in US on June 2013 on a J-1 visa. She went back to India (in June) to fulfill the two year home return rule as part of J-1 requirement. We had our first child who is 1.5 months old and was born in India. I'm desperate to stay with my wife and my child. It has been very difficult for me to move back due to my career roots here in US. I have built my career all along and is difficult to move back that would disrupt my career.  I

I was wondering if we can apply for a J-1 hardship waiver based on being away from the child and due to career disruptions.  I currently hold a Legal Permanent Resident status since Feb 2012. 

Any guidance is highly appreciated.  If I can go ahead in this route can I leverage Murthy law firm's services to accomplish the goal. 

Thanks in advance

Unfortunately that is not a valid hardship to get a waiver in my opinion.

• 1 month later...

I would certainly consult the lawyers about this because it is a difficult issue. In my experience, there are not many occasions when you can successfully skip the 2-year rule and stay in the US during this time. However, it is possible – you just need to know exactly what the possibilities are and for this you need a lawyer.

Archived