H4 valid but I 94 expired

Loveena

I am on H4 visa which is vaild. When my husband changed company I was in India and I got H4 under the new company but we didn't apply for I-797 from the new company. My passport was expiring last month so I got I 94 till last month (sept '13). I renewed my passport but didn't realized about I-94 which expired last month.

I would appreciate if you could assist me on what can I do to renew it and also would like to know how bad is my situation. 

Thanks a bunch in advance.

I am on H4 visa which is vaild. When my husband changed company I was in India and I got H4 under the new company but we didn't apply for I-797 from the new company. My passport was expiring last month so I got I 94 till last month (sept '13). I renewed my passport but didn't realized about I-94 which expired last month.

I would appreciate if you could assist me on what can I do to renew it and also would like to know how bad is my situation. 

Thanks a bunch in advance.

You are accumulating illegal presence in US from Sept 2013. You need to talk to an immigration attorney. I believe you need to leave US, go for visa stamping and enter with a new H4 visa.

My husband's attorney is saying I do not need new visa stamp. But can go to canada if I get visa for that.

I called Canadian visa center in US ..they say I just need valid passport to get visa. Does anybody knw if this is true that I will get a Canadian visa with expired I 94 and also how much time does it take to get Canadian visa.

UPDATE --I also spoke to a CBP supervisor and she said it shod not be a problem in getting new I 94 if my visa is valid.

Let me be a bit more specific. Overstaying an I94 could result in invalidation of your existing visa and the need to get a new visa in your country of origin. Is your spouses Lawyer an Immigration Lawyer? I suspect the Lawyer needs to tell you if your existing visa is deemed void automatically for overstaying the I94 and if so you need to get another visa from your country of origin before returning. if NECESSARY GET A SECOND OPINION. getting A NEW i94 AT Tijuana IS NOT A MAJOR HURDLE AS YOU CROSS OVER AND MAKE A

• 2 weeks later...

Update:- 

I wet back to India for 2 days. submitted my I-94 before boarding the flight. Celebrated Diwali and came back. The CBP officer just asked me how long I plan to stay as I was on H4 visa( My visa was valid, didn't have to go for stamping again) and just gave me new stamp of admission till my visa expires. I have not checked the I-94 online yet but everything went well.. was a little expensive mistake on our side to forget to renew I-94. 

Good luck to everyone else.

Update:- 

I wet back to India for 2 days. submitted my I-94 before boarding the flight. Celebrated Diwali and came back. The CBP officer just asked me how long I plan to stay as I was on H4 visa( My visa was valid, didn't have to go for stamping again) and just gave me new stamp of admission till my visa expires. I have not checked the I-94 online yet but everything went well.. was a little expensive mistake on our side to forget to renew I-94. 

Good luck to everyone else.

Archived