Need advice on H1b and H4 visa stamping, Urgent

HV8689

Hi, 

I was working for Employer A and had a valid visa stamping until Sept 2014. I changed job in Sept 2013 and got a new I-797 for which I have visa valid until Sept 2016. I am getting married on Dec 5 and I have to take my fiancee for H4 stamping.

1. Do I need to go for stamping again? Is that mandatory? I contacted UStravel docs for suggestion and they said I require stamping because of my new I-797.

2. If I don't need to go for stamping, When my fiancee goes for visa, my h1b stamping page from passport and my new I-797 petitioners wont match. Is that a problem?

3. After my marriage on Dec 5th, Can we go to consulate for my new stamping and her visa together? Is that better than me going first time and she going there later?

I am a biotech engineer and I got a 221g, when I went home on Dec 2012. My current company is a start-up and It won't be good, if I get one again as it would really delay lot of things in the company. Please, let me know, what to do?

Hi, 

I was working for Employer A and had a valid visa stamping until Sept 2014. I changed job in Sept 2013 and got a new I-797 for which I have visa valid until Sept 2016. I am getting married on Dec 5 and I have to take my fiancee for H4 stamping.

1. Do I need to go for stamping again? Is that mandatory? I contacted UStravel docs for suggestion and they said I require stamping because of my new I-797.

2. If I don't need to go for stamping, When my fiancee goes for visa, my h1b stamping page from passport and my new I-797 petitioners wont match. Is that a problem?

3. After my marriage on Dec 5th, Can we go to consulate for my new stamping and her visa together? Is that better than me going first time and she going there later?

I am a biotech engineer and I got a 221g, when I went home on Dec 2012. My current company is a start-up and It won't be good, if I get one again as it would really delay lot of things in the company. Please, let me know, what to do?

1. No

2. No.

3. She can go by herself as you do not need new stamping

Hi Jairichi,

Thank you very very much for your reply. Not that I don't trust you, but, Could you please refer me to any US immigration websites that I could read that explains things about visa stamping, if you can. Or else, could you elaborate them little more, if you can.

I have been getting mixed responses from everyone and I am actually worried a lot. 

But still, your answers look so soothing.

Thank you.

Hi Jairichi,

Thank you very very much for your reply. Not that I don't trust you, but, Could you please refer me to any US immigration websites that I could read that explains things about visa stamping, if you can. Or else, could you elaborate them little more, if you can.

I have been getting mixed responses from everyone and I am actually worried a lot. 

Thank you.

Well, if you browse this forum with keywords of your situation you would find plenty of posts

Hi Jairichi,

Thank you.

Look at question 1 in the following website

http://www.murthy.com/2012/09/24/murthychat-senior-attorney-answers-your-questions-13/

http://forum.murthy.com/index.php?/topic/39866-do-i-need-to-get-my-h1b-visa-stamped-again-if-i-change-my-employer/. Look up the Aytes memo reference. Basically once you start working in the USA after entering with a H1 visa subsequent job changes in H1 status DO NOT need a new stamp. This is not subject to interpretation by the POE Officers. In an important matter involving Marriage is it too much to ask that you not listen to he said, she said and consult an actual Lawyer.? Good luck with your wedding.

Thank you very much for your information everyone.

I just spoke to a good immigration lawyer as well and he said that I don't have to go for stamping and my future wife shouldn't have problem at all. That was a relief to here  for now.

Once, I get married and If make it back easily with my wife, I would update you with all the details, how everything went. Until then, Good luck everyone.

Thank you very much for your information everyone.

I just spoke to a good immigration lawyer as well and he said that I don't have to go for stamping and my future wife shouldn't have problem at all. That was a relief to here  for now.

Once, I get married and If make it back easily with my wife, I would update you with all the details, how everything went. Until then, Good luck everyone.

Wishes for your wedding and good luck with everything.

Archived