H4 to GC

NishaV

Hi,

I'm a Malaysian citizen at present in US with H4 visa as my husband (an Indian citizen) is with H1-B visa. His green card has been filled but it is still in process.

1. I would like to inquire if I can apply for a green card using my nationality instead of marriage. What are the requirements and thru what should it be applied or should it be applied only through employment?

2. How long the process will be?

3. Is it better to file for a GC or H1? If H1, what are the requirements? I hv a degree in Engineering (from Malaysia University) and a Masters in Finance (from UK University)

4. Would the application of either GC or H1 be easier if I get an education from a university here in US and if yes what are the most minumin course that I can do. Would a CFA (Certified Financial Analyst) course be helpful.

5. Another question is if the green card for me is filled thru employment will I be able to change job when it is still in process?

I am really interested in gaining as much as information on my status of converting from H4 to GC hence I would really grateful to all the help and assistance I can gain.

Thank you.

Archived