Cruising with expired visa but with valid I797.

Greenheritage

Dear All,

I am planning to go on cruise to Caribbean islands from New York.I am working on H1B visa.I have expired visa on my passport with expired I-94, but I have approved I-797 with  I-94 on it valid until 2016.So am I going to have any issues while entering back into US with my passport with expired visa ,along with new approved I-797 ?

Please advice me.

Thanks,

RK 

Dear All,

I am planning to go on cruise to Caribbean islands from New York.I am working on H1B visa.I have expired visa on my passport with expired I-94, but I have approved I-797 with  I-94 on it valid until 2016.So am I going to have any issues while entering back into US with my passport with expired visa ,along with new approved I-797 ?

Please advice me.

Thanks,

RK 

I believe you are eligible for AVR.

AVR is not possible in the case of a person in H1 status who visits the Islands. It applies only to Canada and Mexico in this situation.. You should get a H1 visa and that will let you plan in advance for future trips.

AVR for somebody on H1 doesn't apply to the Caribbean, as far as I remember. That's only for people in F and J status.

The OP needs a valid H1 visa.

Thanks guys. I believed it to be the case as one of my colleague on J1 visited Caribbean and used AVR. I am sorry OP.

Archived