h1 to f1 transfer. Lawyer mistake.

venkiis

Hello,

I was looking forward to join a unversity and pursure my education. I was working on h1 and before it expired i had initiated my F1.  It has been a month since my F1 was filed, i was simply reviewing my I539 docs and spotted a mistake that my lawyer missed. Can i mail to USCIS specifying this mistake and help myself.

I am married, basically i was arrested for a domestic arguement around 2 years baclk. There were no charges, nothing except i was asked to attend some counselling sessions, which i did and the case was dismissed.

I have proof of dismissal letter with me, i did mention this to my lawyer but apparently he forgot to include this and also select NO for the question which says whether i had been arrested in usa for any reason.

Now i am quite scared, can this be a reason for deportation. Since there is no decision on F1, can i be proactive and update uscis with letter and proof and also accepting this mistake.

Please advise?

Hello,

I was looking forward to join a unversity and pursure my education. I was working on h1 and before it expired i had initiated my F1.  It has been a month since my F1 was filed, i was simply reviewing my I539 docs and spotted a mistake that my lawyer missed. Can i mail to USCIS specifying this mistake and help myself.

I am married, basically i was arrested for a domestic arguement around 2 years baclk. There were no charges, nothing except i was asked to attend some counselling sessions, which i did and the case was dismissed.

I have proof of dismissal letter with me, i did mention this to my lawyer but apparently he forgot to include this and also select NO for the question which says whether i had been arrested in usa for any reason.

Now i am quite scared, can this be a reason for deportation. Since there is no decision on F1, can i be proactive and update uscis with letter and proof and also accepting this mistake.

Please advise?

I believe you can update USCIS by sending relevant documents. Talk to a good immigration attorney.

Archived