early entry on F1

pavan.chintapalli

hello, I got admit to university A for spring 2014. I already got my i20. The start date of the classes is 23rd Jan 2014. How early can I enter united states? I intend to enter USA on F1 Visa ASAP as my husband lives there and his current h1b is in transfer to another company. It seems I can not enter USA on a h4 while my husbands h1B visa is in transfer. 

In this case how early I can apply for a visa appointment for spring admission and how early I can enter USA? 

- Thanks. 

hello, I got admit to university A for spring 2014. I already got my i20. The start date of the classes is 23rd Jan 2014. How early can I enter united states? I intend to enter USA on F1 Visa ASAP as my husband lives there and his current h1b is in transfer to another company. It seems I can not enter USA on a h4 while my husbands h1B visa is in transfer. 

In this case how early I can apply for a visa appointment for spring admission and how early I can enter USA? 

- Thanks. 

A week or two before start date.

How early I can get my f1 visa before the actual class start date?

What happens to my h4 Visa rt after i get f1 visa? can I still use my h4 to enter USA 2 months prior the class start date and go to school on f1? 

You can apply for a F1 visa 120 days before your class start date.

Mostly your H4 visa would be canceled by US consulate.

You can get your F1 visa anytime from now. Study in H4 status if you cannot study in F1 status. You will have to leave and return on the basis of the F1 visa up to 30 days before classes start. Hopefully an accredited Institution???

Yes.. it is an accredited college. Lets say i get my f1 by mid of next week, what happens to my h4 Visa rt after i get f1 visa? can I still use my h4 to enter USA 2 months prior the class start date and go to school on f1?

In other words you can get F1 stamped by next week but cannot enter US based on F1 visa as that would be too early.

But if you enter now it will be based on H4 visa. And when the school starts either you'll have to study on H4 or do a COS to F1.

Under normal circumustances, once I get my F1 Visa, I understand I can only enter usa not before 30 days prior to the actual start date of the semester. I wanted to check if there is any provision in law I can use to enter USA as soon as I get my F1 Visa (get exception to 30 days requirement). 

Below are the reasons why I would like to enter USA 45 days before the actual semester begin date..

1) As I am not entering USA for the first time, I have to address some issues ( e.g. subleasing my apartment) before I can relocate to Binghamton. 
2) I have to help my spouse to do errands so that our relocation to binghamton will be smoother.
3) We have family wedding to attend 50 days prior to the actual semester start date.

Under normal circumstances, once I get my F1 Visa, I understand I can only enter USA not before 30 days prior to the actual start date of the semester. I wanted to check if there is any provision in law I can use to enter USA as soon as I get my F1 Visa (get exception to 30 days requirement). 

Below are the reasons why I would like to enter USA 45 days before the actual semester begin date..

1) As I am not entering USA for the first time, I have to address some issues (e.g. subleasing my apartment) before I can relocate to Binghamton. 
2) I have to help my spouse to do errands so that our relocation to Binghamton will be smoother.
3) We have family wedding to attend 50 days prior to the actual semester start date.

None of the reasons stated would allow you to enter the USA prior to 30 days before the semester starts.  There are no provisions in law to allow exceptions to the 30 day rule.  If you tried to arrive 45 days prior to the semester start date you should expect to be turned back at the port of entry by CBP officials.

Under normal circumustances, once I get my F1 Visa, I understand I can only enter usa not before 30 days prior to the actual start date of the semester. I wanted to check if there is any provision in law I can use to enter USA as soon as I get my F1 Visa (get exception to 30 days requirement). 

1) As I am not entering USA for the first time, I have to address some issues ( e.g. subleasing my apartment) before I can relocate to Binghamton. 
2) I have to help my spouse to do errands so that our relocation to binghamton will be smoother.

With an F1 you cannot. And, all your reasons are unreasonable. As everyone suggested the option is to enter on H4 and apply for a change of status to F1 which would normally take 2.5 months plus to get approval

You can get your F1 visa anytime from now. Study in H4 status if you cannot study in F1 status. You will have to leave and return on the basis of the F1 visa up to 30 days before classes start. Hopefully an accredited Institution???

Actually my H4 visa was cancelled (without prejudice) when I got my F1 visa. I think the OP is already outside US so he/she will need a valid visa stamp and the OP wants to enter on F1. once F1 is stamped most likely H4 will be cancelled.

Actually my H4 visa was cancelled (without prejudice) when I got my F1 visa. I think the OP is already outside US so he/she will need a valid visa stamp and the OP wants to enter on F1. once F1 is stamped most likely H4 will be cancelled.

I have been saying the same that H4 will be canceled once F1 visa gets stamped

Archived