H1 Porting/Transfer...how to and options...

agoyal79

So guys, here is my situation:

1. In 7th year of H1B with company A. Approved I-140 through company A in 2012. Got 3 year H1B extension (till May 2016) from company A. Got laid off in August 2013. 

2. Got and accepted an offer from company B (big US company) in Sept. Started H1B transfer/porting process late Sept. As of 10th Oct, the status states "premium process clock stopped....". Most likely an RFE/RFI.

2. Got and accepted an offer from Company C (another big US company) and am keen on joining them. 

Should I - 

1. Wait for the process with company B to finish - i.e. wait for the approved I-797, prior to beginning the process with company C?

2. Should i ask company B to withdraw the process with USCIS and immediately ask company C to initiate the process?

3. My last paychecks were back in August through company A

Total confused...please help!

Any company can file a H1 petition for you. Are you aware of the delay due to the LCA based on the shutdown?

Thanks pontevecchio. Yes, i heard about the delay due to DOL being shutdown too...hoping it'll open up soon.

I realize any company can file for me. However, what i am not sure of is what approach i need to take considering i have been out of status since mid Aug. 

Archived