URGENT !!!!!! PARENT RE-ENTRY TO USA IN VISITOR VISA

braveheart_123

completely depends on the officer at POE...they might get a shorter duration of stay this time..or just be warned.

normally its advisable to stay atleast 6 months to a year abroad before returning back to US...they might suspect that your parents are involved in working or baby sitting here.

Hi,

My Parents came to USA on May 24th 2013 and returned to India on Oct 2nd 2013. Can i they return back to USA on JAN 15 2014 ? - They are currently in Visitor Visa B1/B2.

Will there by any question in port of entry ?? will they be denied access in Port of Entry - Please advise

Can not predict anything. There is a possibility.

As Long as denied access option is ruled out im good, even if they get reduced number of days for stay it is fine, is it s law that one has to be aborad for 6 months to 1 year ??

There is no such LAW about the duration of stay outside..but a general rule.

Also they will deny access only if they find out that they are involved in some illegal activities here..including baby sitting.

hope thats not the case.

As Long as denied access option is ruled out im good, even if they get reduced number of days for stay it is fine, is it s law that one has to be aborad for 6 months to 1 year ??

They are in visitor visa that means for touristic purpose. A tourist has to spend considerable time in his/her home country and not outside in a year.

Hi,

My Parents came to USA on May 24th 2013 and returned to India on Oct 2nd 2013. Can i they return back to USA on JAN 15 2014 ? - They are currently in Visitor Visa B1/B2.

Will there by any question in port of entry ?? will they be denied access in Port of Entry - Please advise

If you have a valid reason - like any family event - birthday / graduation/wedding etc, there is no problem.

Im planning to have POE as JFK, Is that a rule of 6 months to 1 year one needs to be aborad before returning to US ? - Can they say that they want to visit Winter Places ?

Their is no rule, but its common sense. A visitor will never stay out of his home country for a longer time, if he is then he is not a visitor.

The real valid reason is my Visa expires by June 2014, I want my parents to cover the TOURIST place in USA. When they came last time , they covered east side, now i want to take them west side..that is the real reason, can they this reason during POE if questioned ?

Just tell the truth and you are good to go.

They may be given a months stay or 6 months stay. Yes, they may be asked why they are back so soon. Why did you not plan it better?

I am not sure how that works with the fact that now they do not issue I-94 cards. May be off track, but how would a person know what is his/her limit on the stay without this card now?

The real valid reason is my Visa expires by June 2014, I want my parents to cover the TOURIST place in USA. When they came last time , they covered east side, now i want to take them west side..that is the real reason, can they this reason during POE if questioned ?

well if it helps you out: jun is the date of expiry of visa stamp and they can enter in may and get entry period of 6 months may be. In that case they are not visiting the US so soon after they went back.

Archived