H1B extension - India wedding - Visa renewal

bluefish_mlfid

Hi Everyone,

I am going to get married in Jan 2014. My H1B expires Feb 2014. So I have a few questions as listed below -

1. Should I extend my H1B before I travel to India or once I get back to US after getting married (I will be back before 1 month of my current H1b visa expiry)

2. Can I apply for my fiancee's H4 Visa before wedding so that we can travel together back to the US?

Please advise.

Thanks,

AK

Hi Everyone,

I am going to get married in Jan 2014. My H1B expires Feb 2014. So I have a few questions as listed below -

1. Should I extend my H1B before I travel to India or once I get back to US after getting married (I will be back before 1 month of my current H1b visa expiry)

2. Can I apply for my fiancee's H4 Visa before wedding so that we can travel together back to the US?

Please advise.

Thanks,

AK

Congrats.

1. Better to get an approved extension notice before you travel back to US.

2. Your fiancé's visa appointment has to be after your marriage as a marriage certificate is required during H4 visa interview

Hi Everyone,

Please advise.

Thanks,

AK

I'm not sure abt the first question but for 2nd question...

You can't apply for H4 before wedding. They will ask you for marriage certificate, some times they'll ask for marriage albums and stuff.

But, let's see for more posts

I know about the documents required for h4 visa. But what I meant was can I initiate the ds160 form and submit it? So that as soon as I get married I will have the interview scheduled and fly back together.

Yes, you can. Also, you can book an interview slot (for a date after your marriage) right after submitting DS160.

Archived