H4 Visa extenstion query

wal

Hi,

I just realized today that I would require an extension for my H4 (as I was refused a driving license without a I797)  visa which is expiring in November 01, 2013. I would appreciate if I could get a few answers to my query.

1. Since I have only about a month and a half left, can I apply for the extension now?

2. My Husband's H1has gone for a extension and we received the notice of receipt about a month back. He should get his approval in the next 3 months, by then my H4 date would have expired. Can I use his NOTICE OF RECEIPT of his I797 to go ahead and file for the extension or would I have to wait for his H4 Approval.

3. If I have to apply for the H4 extension before November 01, 2013 (expiry date), do I have to leave the country? Or can it be filed while I am in the US.

4. If I have to wait for my Husband's H1 approval which will take about 4 months and my date would have expired, do I then have to leave the country to get an extension.

Would appreciate any help on this.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Wal

Hi,

I just realized today that I would require an extension for my H4 (as I was refused a driving license without a I797)  visa which is expiring in November 01, 2013. I would appreciate if I could get a few answers to my query.

1. Since I have only about a month and a half left, can I apply for the extension now?

2. My Husband's H1has gone for a extension and we received the notice of receipt about a month back. He should get his approval in the next 3 months, by then my H4 date would have expired. Can I use his NOTICE OF RECEIPT of his I797 to go ahead and file for the extension or would I have to wait for his H4 Approval.

3. If I have to apply for the H4 extension before November 01, 2013 (expiry date), do I have to leave the country? Or can it be filed while I am in the US.

4. If I have to wait for my Husband's H1 approval which will take about 4 months and my date would have expired, do I then have to leave the country to get an extension.

Would appreciate any help on this.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Wal

1. Yes

2. Yes, you can.

3. You can do it when you in US.

4. Apply now.

Your husband should have requested his employer to include your H4 extension when filing his H1B extension.

Archived